- Q: Can I still take this tour even if I’ve never rafted before?
- A: Absolutely! First timers are more than welcome. We provide you with all the safety equipment and instructions. There is no experience necessary.
- Q: What is provided?
- A: We provide you with a full farmer john wetsuit, a wetsuit jacket, booties for your feet, a helmet and life jacket. Spray jackets are also available upon request. Midway down the river we will offer a light snack consisting of a CLIF bar and lemonade or hot chocolate (on colder days).
- Q: What should I wear on the trip?
- A: Wear clothing appropriate for the weather that day. For rafting wear a bathing suit or swim shorts under the wetsuit we’ll provide you with. Some people wear a layer of polypropylene long underwear, polar fleece, or a thin wool sweater under their wetsuit. This is entirely optional, though a good idea for anyone who may get chilled easily or during cooler temperatures. Do not wear cotton while rafting as it retains cold against your body. You will get wet, so bring a towel and dry set of clothes to change into after the trip. Also bring a plastic bag in which to put your wet clothes into.
- Q: Where does the rafting trip depart from?
- A: Our rafting base is located at the Executive Suites Hotel & Resort at 40900 Tantalus Road in Squamish. There is plenty of free parking and a full-service restaurant on site.
- Q: What if I need a ride to your rafting base?
- A: We are able to provide round trip transportation from your choice of downtown Vancouver or Whistler. Simply let us know if you need transportation to our rafting base when you make your reservation. You may also want to consider renting a car to allow you more flexibility to explore the many attractions in the area after your rafting adventure.
- Q: When is the best time of year to go rafting?
- A: We run our rafting trips from May through September. Our rivers are unique because they are fed by snow pack melting high above on the glaciers. This helps ensure steady flows all season long. No matter when you choose to raft with us you’ll have an amazing time! Check the website for current dates and availability.
- Q: Can I bring a camera with me?
- A: This is NOT recommended as there is high potential for your camera to get wet or damaged. There is also nowhere to store your camera on the raft or on your body. If you must bring a camera we recommend a disposable water proof version so if you lose it or break it you won’t be devastated!
Our photographer will follow you down the river as you raft, taking high resolution action shots of your trip. You can purchase the photos at the end of the trip for $55 + tax. The USB stick we’ll give you is completely transferable among your entire group and they are the best photos you could possibly get of your rafting adventure.
We also have the option to rent a GoPro camera for the day for $55 + tax so that you can take home hi-def video memories of your adventure. You even have the opportunity to double the action, and buy GoPro video footage and a Photo USB for only $90 + tax.
- Q: Will my group be together in one raft?
- A: We can’t guarantee your group will all be placed in the same raft. For safety reasons we may on occasion need to split groups up.
- Q: How many people fit in one raft?
- A: We have up to 8 people per raft, plus 1 guide.
- Q: If it’s raining will the trip still run?
- A: Trips run rain or shine. If the forces of Mother Nature are too great, making the river conditions unsafe to raft or there are any other circumstances beyond our control, we retain the right to cancel the trip. We will rebook your rafting adventure for another day or issue a full refund.
- Q: What is your refund policy?
- A: Refunds will not be given for cancellations made within 7 days of your departure date. For bookings made outside of 7 days prior to departure, a river rafting cancellation refund guarantee can be purchased at time of booking for $10 + tax per person. This guarantee allows you to cancel your rafting trip up to 24 hours in advance of your departure and still receive a full refund. Without the rafting cancellation refund guarantee this adventure is non-refundable within 7 days of departure, 2 weeks non-refundable for group bookings of 10 or more people.
- Q: What time is check in?
- A: We require you to check in 15-30 minutes prior to your tour. If you are late, we may ask you to postpone your trip to a later departure or even to another day, based on availability. Refunds will not be given.
- Q: How safe is white water rafting?
- A: We have an outstanding safety record. All of our guides are fully certified to the highest standards of the British Columbia Rafting Outfitters Association (BCROA). Our rafting guides are also very experienced and have extensive training in safety, first aid, risk and incident management and prevention.
All guests must sign a legal release of liability waiver prior to participating in our activities.
Guests 19 years of age and older sign their own waiver.
Youths 18 years or younger require a parent or guardian’s signature. If under the age of 19 and a guardian cannot be present to sign, please download our waiver PDF file to be printed and pre-signed by the parent or guardian and a witness. The waiver must be dated for the DAY of the tour.
The waiver is a legal document and can therefore not be interpreted by anyone in the company. Signing it does mean you have read and fully understand the waiver.
Before your trip, we provide a full safety briefing, and ensure that you are aware that with any adventure activity like this, there are inherent risks.
We strongly encourage you to NOT participate in the on-river portion of the trip if you do not feel comfortable doing so at any time prior to departure, or even during the trip itself. A refund is available if you choose at any time to not participate or continue on the trip.
Although injuries and fatalities in rafting are rare, they do occur. River conditions can change unexpectedly and very dangerous situations can arise quickly, putting you at personal risk.
You must take responsibility to be aware of the all the risks involved in an activity of this nature, and feel comfortable signing a waiver before agreeing to go rafting.
- Q: Do I have to pre-sign the waiver?
- A: Upon arrival, everyone will be required to sign a release of liability waiver. Youths 18 years or younger require a parent or guardian’s signature. If under the age of 19 and a guardian cannot be present to sign, please download our waiver PDF file to be printed and pre-signed by the parent or guardian and a witness. The waiver must be dated for the DAY of the tour.
- Q: How far in advance do I have to book?
- A: We take bookings months in advance or even the day before. It is up to you how last minute you want to leave your booking. By leaving it to the last minute, you take the risk that there will not be any space left during the tour time which you desire.
- Q: Do I have to pre-book/pay?
- A: We take full payment via credit card at the time of booking. We do require that you pre book as we need to know ahead of time how many people are coming on the tour to ensure we have enough guides, rafts and snacks for everyone.
- Q: I can’t swim/was recently injured, can I still take the tour?
- A: This is completely at your own discretion. You will be required to sign a waiver at check in, which leaves our company not responsible for any injuries that may occur during the tour. We often take people out rafting who cannot swim, we just recommend you tell your guide and they will seat you close to themselves at the back of the raft. If you have an injury or health concern we recommend you consult with your doctor before participating in this activity.
- Q: Do you have parking at the rafting base?
- A: Yes there is plenty of parking at the Rafting base free of charge.
- Q: What facilities are available at the rafting check in location?
- A: The rafting check in location is within the Executive Suites Hotel & Resort which has washrooms, as well as separate male and female changing areas. There is plenty of free parking available and also a restaurant on site where you can enjoy a delicious meal and a refreshing drink after your trip.
- Q: Do you have lockers at the rafting base?
- A: No, we do not have lockers at the rafting base. We suggest you leave all valuables including jewelry at home or in your hotel room. If this is not possible you can also leave valuables locked in your car. For your convenience, our entire change area is locked when you are on the river and keys and clothes are secure in the change area. Please note however that we are not responsible for any items that are left behind by accident.
- Q: Is there a place to buy food?
- A: Yes, there is a restaurant on site which offers a variety of items to order. The restaurant is called The Living Room and even offers a rafter’s burger, fries & beer special to enjoy after your trip. Be sure to ask us about it!
- Q: Can I bring alcohol to the rafting base?
- A: No we do not allow you to BYO alcohol to the rafting base. Anyone who has consumed alcohol or any form of narcotics prior to departure will not be allowed on the rafting trip and will forfeit any refunds. We also recommend avoiding heavy drinking the night before the trip. We suggest stag groups plan their night of partying for after the rafting trip rather than the evening before. We do have a full service bar at our rafting base for you to purchase alcoholic drinks after the rafting trip.
- Q: Can I smoke at the rafting base?
- A: The rafting base is a shared facility where adults and children come to have fun and relax. We ask that you respect others on the trip and if you must smoke then move away into the car park area and dispose of your cigarette butts respectfully. Any other illegal drugs will not be tolerated.
- Q: What is the itinerary for the trip?
- A: Upon arrival you will check into the rafting base and sign your waiver. The Trip Leader will then give an orientation talk regarding the equipment we will provide you with and everything else you need to know before we depart. You will have time to change into the gear we’ll provide and take care of your belongings before you board the bus for your rafting adventure. The drive up the river will take just under an hour for the Elaho and 20 minutes for the Cheakamus.
At the “put in” point, the trip leader will present a safety talk, explaining everything you need to know about rafting and how to stay safe during your trip. You will have the opportunity to “back out” of the trip at this point if you are not comfortable with the risks involved in rafting. At the end of the rafting tour, we board the bus again for the ride back to our rafting base.
Be sure to check out the photos and videos from your trip on the bus ride back and back at the rafting base!
Whistler Whitewater Rafting on the Elaho River FAQs
- Q: How much is the Elaho Rafting trip?
- A: Prices vary depending on the day and time of year which you raft. Check the details available on the Elaho rafting trip page.
- Q: What class are the rapids on the Elaho?
- A: The Elaho River has Class 3/4 white water rapids. There are also calm sections of Class 2 where you can float and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Q: Do you have a class 5 rafting trip?
- A: No we don’t. The Elaho/Squamish rafting trip offers rapids of class 3 and 4 and is the highest class offered in the area. There are very few class 5 rivers used for commercial rafting in the world due to the extreme risk inherent with them.
- Q: How long is the trip?
- A: The Elaho Exhilarator experience features approximately 2.5 hours of rafting, plus some time getting ready at our base and busing to and from the river. We’ll be back at our base approx. 5 hours after you first arrive.
- Q: What are the restrictions?
- A: To raft the Elaho you must be a minimum of 13 years old and at least 90 lbs (40 kg). You do not need any previous experience to raft and enjoy the Elaho.
- Q: How many people do I need to book?
- A: We take bookings for 1 person up to groups of 70+ people! If you are a booking of 1 or 2 we will combine you with other groups on the day of the tour to bring us up to our 6 person minimum to run the trip.
- Q: I am under the minimum weight requirement. Can I wear a weighted vest to qualify for this tour?
- A: No. The weight restrictions are put in place for your own safety and for our life jacket regulations. If you do not meet the minimum weight requirement you will not be able to take this tour. If there is any doubt you will be weighed at check in to ensure regulations are met.
Whistler Family-Friendly Cheakamus Splash FAQs
- Q: What class are the rapids on the Cheakamus?
- A: The Cheakamus River is class 1-2 gentle splashes and bumps, perfect for kids, families, the elderly or others who are hesitant about the big Elaho rapids.
- Q: What are the restrictions?
- A: Children must be 5 years of age or older.
- Q: Do I have to wear a wetsuit?
- A: On a warm summer day a wetsuit is often unnecessary. We do recommend it some days though for your own comfort.
- Q: How long is the trip?
- A: The Cheakamus Splash Rafting trip features approximately 90 minutes of rafting, plus some time getting ready at our base and busing to and from the river. We’ll be back at our base approx. 3 hours after you first arrive.
Whistler 2-Day Rafting Wilderness Expedition FAQs
- Q: How long is the trip?
- A: The 2-Day is just that, 2 days (24 hours actually). On Day 1 we’ll gather at our rafting base at 1:00 PM. You’ll camp with us riverside that evening. On Day 2 we’ll have you back to our base by 1:00 PM.
- Q: Can I bring alcohol?
- A: Yes alcohol is allowed, in moderation, for the evening portion of this trip. If bringing beer, please buy cans. If bringing hard alcohol or wine, please present any glass bottles to your guide to store safely for the rafting portion of the trip.
- Q: Is camping gear provided?
- A: Personal camping gear (tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag) is not included, but we do have everything available for rent if you need.
- Q: What about food allergies?
- A: Please make our staff aware of any food allergies when booking so we can accommodate accordingly.